Kate's Famous Brownies
2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 pound butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter over very low heat in a heavy saucepan.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. Quickly stir in walnuts, flour and salt.
6. Spread the batter in a well-greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the pan to a rack to cool.
Yield: 12 brownies