- I added some green food dye to the frosting--festive! It's a pale green, which I am not sure shows up so well in the picture, but you can dye it as much as you want, and for any occasion.
- As Deb warns, the frosting recipe does not make that much frosting, but it does make enough (barely). If you are a frosting fan, you'll want to double it, or at least make 1.5 x's as much
- Do not taste the batter before the cupcakes are cooked--it tastes very strongly of Guinness, but once they bake, that is no longer the case--they are simply delicious.
- I used 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate and 1 tsp of Jack Daniels for the ganache, which makes for a very powerful filling. Everyone enjoyed it, but I might try semisweet chocolate and maybe a little more whiskey next time.
- Everyone raved about these, so make sure you make enough for your crowd!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Cookish: Something Sweet
Yum Yum Yum. This is a delightful St. Patrick's Day cupcake. Recipe courtesy of Smitten Kitchen. Find it here. A few notes on the recipe: