Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bookish Review: The Lost Angel


This is the first book I've read by Sierra, and though it was by no means my favorite mystical/religious thriller, it did keep me turning pages. The book includes an interesting glossary of people and places used in the book, highlighting the historical research behind the fictional work, which I thought was a nice touch. The glossary did not always make completely clear which aspects of the definitions are based on the mythology in the novel and which are based in historical fact or belief, but it was still a good addition. The book involves psychic power and mystical stones that open up direct communication with God--but the stones can also wreak havoc and possibly bring about the end of the world.

The main character annoyed me a bit, as she gets used a lot in the book and eventually decides she's okay with that, which seemed an odd conclusion, but as I said, the book did keep me turning pages once I started. Definitely not my favorite book, but interesting. I'd guess people who liked his other book would probably like this one as well.

Thanks to Atria books for sending me an ARC of this title. Receiving a free copy did not affect my review.

No comments: