Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Salad for Dinner-Thanks, Kroger!

Kroger sent me some great coupons to try their Private Selection Fresh produce, as well as a great apron and easy spiralizer!

I love the living lettuce--it stays fresh so much longer, it seems. I used the spiralizer on those cute little cucumbers and cooked the (pre-washed!) fingerling potatoes in my Instant Pot.

I also did some boiled eggs in the Instant Pot--I meant for them to be soft-boiled, but cooked them too long! 3 mins under pressure + 5 mins de-pressurizing time lead to perfectly hard-boiled eggs. Next time, I'll try a quick release right after the 3 minutes at pressure.

I added some shredded cheddar, a little bacon, avocado, some freshly cooked corn, and Green Goddess dressing, which I have been really into lately! The stars are parsley, chives, and tarragon (also used Private Selection Tarragon), but I also want to try it with some of the herbs we are growing this year--mint, oregano, basil, and lemon-thyme--but I am not sure which ones to combine. I'll have to experiment.

Here's the finished product:



The leftover potatoes were great as hash browns in the morning!

Thanks, Kroger! I'll continue experimenting for Private Selection offerings.

No comments: