Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cookish: Snacktime

Easy Salsa
Adapted from Cook's Country

1/2small red onion
1/2cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4cup drained jarred pickled jalapeños
1/2 lime, juiced
2garlic cloves , peeled
1/2teaspoon salt
1(28-ounce) can diced tomatoes , drained

1. Quarter the onion and add to the bowl of your food processor. Add parsley, jalapeños, lime juice, garlic, and salt. I prefer my salsa smooth, not chunky, so I puree this pretty much all the way, but do it to your taste

2. Add drained tomatoes and pulse until combined. Again, puree more if you like it smooth, less if you want it chunky.

It's super easy and really delicious. You can easily add more jalapeños if you like it hot, or more lime juice if you want more tang. I think this would also make a very tasty bruschetta topping. The original recipe calls for draining the finished salsa a bit, but I like mine thin, so I left as-is.

No comments: