Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Uncookish: Snack Review

I found the 3 Musketeers Truffle Crisp bars on clearance at Target (which leads me to believe that they may be phasing out this candy bar), so I decided to try it out. As you may know, 3 Musketeers markets itself as having fewer fat/calories than a usual candy bar. This new twist on the classic bar maintains the lightness of the original and consists of a crisp bar at the bottom, which has a texture more like a meringue cookie than the shortbread cookie you'd kind in a Twix, with a chocolate "truffle" topping, which is a bit thicker than the usual 3 Musketeers filling, and the whole thing is dipped in chocolate. I found it to be tasty and light, with a nice texture. I think one bar could be a satisfying treat, as long as you're not too hungry, and if you eat just one bar (there are two in the package), it's less than 100 calories. Not a bad deal.


No comments: