Friday, July 1, 2011

Bookish Review: Dominance

Dominance is a literary mystery. A class of college students uncovers a murderer by discovering the true identity of a reclusive writer, but years later, the murders start happening again. Is it a copycat, or did they get the wrong man the first time around?

I enjoyed this book--I had a inkling about the ending, but I didn't completely figure it out. Nice twist at the end, too. The book also goes into literary criticism to an extent and what happens when you really tear apart a book and what happens when you lose yourself in it too completely. The class gets involved in the Procedure--a "game" that involves reenacting the book. Interesting concept, but I felt like it wasn't explained quite fully enough. Interesting book, though. Bibliophiles should enjoy


Disclaimer: I received an advance electronic copy of this book from the publisher for the purposes of review. Free access to the book did not affect my opinion. For more information on Simon & Schuster's eGalley program, please visit www.galleygrab.com.

No comments: