Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cookish: What's for Dinner?

This week, I made another Rachael Ray recipe: Austin Mac 'n' Cheese Suiza.



Changes made: I added some chicken, because I wanted to up the protien factor and make it a more legitamate choice for a main course for dinner. I just cooked it along with the tomatillos, but if I'd had some leftover cooked chicken, or rotisserie chicken, I would have used that.



I did use pepper jack for the top, but I used cheddar in the mac instead of swiss and monterey jack. Why? Cheddar was what I had. And, cheddar makes everything better, right?



I also left out the cilantro.




Result? It was pretty darn tasty. One mistake, though: I removed most of the ribs and seeds from my jalapenos because I didn't want it to be too hot. As a result, it wasn't hot at all, and I had to break out the Tabasco again.

No comments: